One of the recent studies out of Pew Internet titled, "Teens, Video Games and Civics" reports that gaming is popular with most American teens, and that the sterotype of the "loner" playing video games isn't quite true. The study produced some interesting findings, including:
- 50% of teens played games “yesterday.”
- 86% of teens play on a console like the Xbox, PlayStation, or Wii.
- 73% play games on a desktop or a laptop computer.
- 60% use a portable gaming device like a Sony PlayStation Portable, a Nintendo DS, or a Game Boy.
- 48% use a cell phone or handheld organizer to play games.
Read more at: http://www.pewinternet.org/PPF/r/263/report_display.asp.